Friday, February 27, 2009

I am From Poem

I am from home made quilts, hand stitched with love.
I am from freedom on the soccer field, as the wind blew through my hair
I am from bike rides on the beach, just because
I am from skateboarding with the boys without a care
I am from swinging on swings in the park
I am from painting and exploring colors with a brush
I am from roller coasters in the dark
I am from getting to school in a rush
I am from concerts in the summer time
I am from traveling across the nation
I am from wanting my life to rewind
I am from designing and inspiration
I am from singers and dancers
I am from joy, respect and appreciation
I am from questions and answers
I am from loving life and my family
I am from anticipating what the future holds
I am from wanting a career with promise and longevity
I am from warm California winters and still catching a cold
I am from waves on the beach and sand castles
I am from night drives around the neighborhood
I am from no drama and unnecessary hassles
I am from “I will” not “I could”

No comments:

Post a Comment