Thursday, February 26, 2009

My L.A.

Once in a while I love to drive into the city on a nice warm sunny weekend and hike up to the Griffith Observatory. The hike is a great refreshing trail up to the observatory, beginning with a walk through a lush cove of cool greenery. As I hike up the hill, I pass all kinds of Californians. There are those hard core runners and athletes getting their work out in. They have the fanny packs and supplies to keep them hydrated and fit. Then there are those who are enjoying their weekend, this is where I fit in. I love to people watch and appreciate my surroundings. I always feel great after a long hike and I get to see and overlook the valley. I see the valley as a whole, all the buildings, homes and shopping centers enveloped in greenery. The best part of walking to the observatory is that you can go inside and learn about all the things there. As you are descending down I notice all the little things like flowers and plants that I overlooked on the way up. The best part of LA is that everyone is so different and comes from a different place. When I hike I get to see and be around people from my city. We all exist together but have different stories

No comments:

Post a Comment